Welcome to the website of the REFSQ 2023 conference!
The 29th International Working Conference on Requirement Engineering: Foundation for Software Quality will take place from the 17th to 20th of April 2023 in Barcelona, Catalunya, Spain.
The special theme for this year is
RE is at the boundary of humans and technology, and values play a crucial role in the interplay between developers, users and systems. When developing technology, we get to be cognizant of how our values inform our designs, because we unconsciously embed them into our systems. In addition, we need to carefully consider possible conflicts between human values and business value. The theme of this year thus aims to foster discussion around the following questions:
- How do we take care of human values in RE?
- How do we ensure that the systems we design incorporate the values we want them to stand for?
- How do we validate and measure values?
- How do we make sure that systems serve the human as opposed to having the human adapt to them?
- How much do developer habits and characteristics influence their designs?
- What is the interplay between developer and stakeholders’ values?
- What is the interplay between human values and business value?
We are working hard to fill the website with all related information. Please check back soon!
The REFSQ working conference is the leading European conference series on requirements engineering. It is the goal of REFSQ to foster the creation of a strong European RE community across industry and academia. Since 1994, Requirements Engineering continued to be a dominant factor influencing the quality of software, systems and services. REFSQ seeks contributions which report on novel ideas and techniques that enhance the quality of RE’s products and processes, as well as reflections on current research. REFSQ has a long tradition of being a highly structured and interactive forum. In addition to the high-quality scientific program, REFSQ also features a highly interactive Industry Track, Workshops, Posters and Tool demos, Doctoral Symposium and a Journal First Track.